- Click here to download a printable guide which shows you how to calibrate your board.
- Click here to download the educators guide to using a SmartBoard
- Poll Everywhere - This lets you ask a question which students can vote on either via text message, twitter or using a web browser. However the free version limits you to 40 votes per poll.
- Google Docs Forms - If you are looking to set up a longer survey or a questionnaire then you should take a look at Google Docs forms first.
Working collaborative on documents, spreadsheets & presentations
Google Docs is a free on-line office application suite that lets you create and edit presentations, spreadsheets, questionnaires and word processed documents collaboratively with both staff and students.
Documents are stored in your Google drive, a free cloud based storage solution which is similar to Dropbox.
Watch the videos below to learn more, or click here to download a free guide to Google Docs for Educators.
Once you start using Google docs you'll find that there are many free add-ons that you can install to make you life a little bit easier.
Below we've listed some of the ones that we think are really useful for educators:
- Doctopus - Doctopus makes it easier for teachers to share, organize, and assess student work in Google Drive.
- Flubaroo - Enables you to grade on-line assignments, generate reports on learner performance and email students their test scores.
- GClassFolders - Automatically creates and shares student folders for a teacher. This simplifies classroom workflow when using Google Apps.